Assign API Access
Make sure you've created a dedicated Radius user role in Marketo with Access API permissions. This is the user you'll assign API access to so you can connect your Marketo account to Radius.
- Log in to Marketo as an administrator.
- Select API Only to assign API Access permissions to your dedicated Radius user.
Get REST API Credentials from Marketo
Get your REST API credentials by creating a new custom service in Marketo and then assigning the API to your administrator. If you need to, check the Marketo documentation for creating a service. Search “Create a Custom Service for Use with REST API”.
- In Marketo, create a custom service.
- Name the custom service Radius REST API and add your dedicated Radius user as the API User.
- Find and copy the Client ID and Client Secret from the Radius REST API custom service.
- Go to the Web Services page and find and copy your REST API endpoint url, user ID, and encryption key.
Get SOAP API Credentials from Marketo
Radius also needs your Marketo SOAP API credentials. Find and record them, so you can enter them in Radius. If you need to, check the Marketo documentation for general information on navigation and API configuration. Search “Configuring Your SOAP API Settings”.
- In Marketo, go to the Web Services page.
- Under SOAP API, find your SOAP API endpoint url, user ID, and encryption key.